I know I couldn't possibly say anything that hasn't already been said about being thankful and its impact on happiness, compassion, and making a positive difference in the world. Thus, here are 7 curated items to help inspire gratitude! The first is this photo to remind us that each new day is a gift for which to be grateful.
- Video: Want to be happy? Be grateful. a TED talk from June, 2013 with the same man who started gratefulness.org.
- Article: How Gratitude Can Change Your Life This Thanksgiving from Time, November 2014.
- Website: Practices for Grateful Living from gratefulness.org.
- Article: 5 Simple Ways to Express Gratitude Every Day from Entrepreneur, August 2014.
- A One Liner: “When eating bamboo sprouts, remember the man who planted them.” — Chinese Proverb
- A Short Poem:
For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you're getting together with family and friends this weekend, I'd recommend watching the video under #1 together. It might spark some great conversation!
I hope you have a terrific Thanksgiving and enjoy being thankful throughout the year. Comment and share your plans for being thankful or any other inspirational things you find related to gratitude.